Buying property: what to look out for
Finding the right property isn’t quite as straightforward as it might seem. First of all, ask yourself what kind of property you are looking for. We’ve compiled a short list of points to help you decide.
Buying a house or a flat is an investment that can impact on a family’s finances for many years to come. It’s therefore necessary to carefully consider such an acquisition.
We’ve put together a shortlist of the most important questions you should ask yourself when looking for a new home to help you make the right choice:
- Which location is it in? Could we fit into this neighbourhood/residential area?
- How far is it to the nearest kindergarten/school?
- How far is it to get to work?
- What are the public transport connections like?
- Are there any shops nearby? How close am I to the nearest public amenities?
- Am I in a town/city? How far am I from the nearest built-up area?
- Are there adequate parking facilities around here?
- What about recreational areas for leisure activities?