Selling property privately: some advice
If you prefer to sell your property privately rather than through an estate agent, there are a few basic rules worth remembering.
There’s nothing wrong with selling a property on your own, and at first glance it may even appear to save you money.
However, there are a few things you should bear in mind:
- Make sure the potential buyer is financially solvent before going ahead with the deal.
- Obtain a professional and accurate valuation of your property. If you sell though us, the valuation is free of charge.
- Be discerning as to who comes to view your property. Unfortunately, there are speculative buyers around, who are up to all sorts of tricks.
- Never be too quick to sign a document or contract. Everything should be checked in advance by a professional estate agent or lawyer. Seeber Immobilien Real Estate Agency also performs this service free of charge, if you sell through us.
- Beware of money laundering. Cashflows in real estate transactions must be impeccably verified and sources of capital fully documented.
- Make sure you aren’t wrong-footed, hoodwinked or somehow forced into concluding a deal. As a layperson, you don’t have the years of experience of an established real estate agent.
From the above, it should be clear that there can be numerous pitfalls in concluding a real estate deal. Why not contact one of our agents to be on the safe side?