Bits of advice to consider when viewing a rental property
First impressions count – but that isn’t everything. Here are a few bits of advice to consider when viewing a rental property:
- Does the flat appeal to you at all? Can you imagine living here?
- Do the windows and the orientation of the flat/house allow sufficient light to enter?
- What is its state of repair? In what condition are the doors, floors, etc.?
- Does the layout of the property suit you? If it’s a loft apartment, does it have sloped ceilings? Will your furniture fit properly?
- During the first viewing and before taking occupation, find out if any renovations still need to be done.
- Is there enough space for your washing machine and dryer?
- Does the kitchen have everything you need, including a dishwasher? If not, is there space for one be installed?
- Find out what the utility charges are and/or request a copy of a recent bill
- Is there outside parking or an underground car park that goes with the property? If so, for how many vehicles?