Marling (German pronunciation: [ˈmarlɪŋ]; Italian: Marlengo [marˈleŋɡo]) is a comune (municipality) in South Tyrol in northern Italy, located about 25 kilometres (16 mi) northwest of Bolzano.
As of 30 November 2010, it had a population of 2,517 and an area of 12.8 square kilometres (4.9 sq mi).
Marling borders the following municipalities: Tscherms, Algund, Lana, Merano and Partschins.
The shield is argent a fess azure and a gules rampant lion . These are the arms of the Lords of Marling who lived in two castles in the village until 1426. The emblem was adopted in 1966.
According to the 2011 census, 86.41% of the population speak German, 13.41% Italian and 0.17% Ladin as first language.
(German) (Italian) Homepage of the municipality
Media related to Marling at Wikimedia Commons
... Read more...