Partschins (German pronunciation: [parˈtʃɪns]; Italian: Parcines [parˈtʃiːnes]) is a comune (municipality) in the province of South Tyrol in northern Italy, located about 30 kilometres (19 mi) northwest of the city of Bolzano.
As of 30 November 2010, it had a population of 3,523 and an area of 55.4 square kilometres (21.4 sq mi).
Partschins borders the following municipalities: Algund, Lana, Marling, Moos in Passeier, Naturns, Plaus, Schnals, and Tirol.
The municipality of Partschins contains the frazioni (subdivisions, mainly villages and hamlets) Sonnenberg (Montesole), Quadrathöfe (Quadrato), Rabland (Rablà), Tabland (Tablà), Töll (Tel) and Vertigen (Vallettina).
The emblem represents a plow, placed diagonally on argent. The emblem is similar to that of the Knight Randolf von Partschins, a descendant of the noble family Götsch, who founded the village in about 1200, under the name Castle Stachlburg. The emblem was adopted July 25, 1967.
According to the 2011 census, 95.94% of the population speak German, 3.79% Italian and 0.27% Ladin as first language... Read more...